Let it snow
Does it seem like the leaves just stopped falling? It was only yesterday that it was autumn, right? Okay, maybe it was two months ago that the kids were trick-or-treating at Halloween.
Now, it’s January, and winter is fully underway. Taking care of your vehicle during bad-weather months not only protects your investment in the car or truck, it protects you and everyone who rides in it.
So, before another day goes by, think about these tips from our friends at CarMax for maintaining your car in the winter.
- Wash it regularly to extend the life of the paint job
- Protect the paint by waxing it
- Replace the wiper blades to ensure visibility
- Consider snow tires for better traction
- Check the tire pressure since cold weather causes it to drop
- Treat windows with a 1-part-water/3-parts-vinegar mix to lessen ice buildup
- Prepare an emergency supplies kit to be ready for problems on the road
- Check the cabin air filter so the car can warm up nicely
- Check the car thermostat to make sure it’s not stuck in the closed position
- Check the battery so it provides the cranking power you need
- Check the engine fluids so everything runs smoothly under the hood
- Use antifreeze appropriately to take care of your radiator
- Check belts and hoses since cold temps can cause them to squeak or malfunction
Source: 13 Ways to Winterize Your Car. (Nov. 21, 2016). Retrieved from https://www.carmax.com/articles/13-ways-to-winterize-your-car.
Exeter Finance LLC is a non-prime auto finance company headquartered in Irving, Texas. The company partners primarily with franchised auto dealers throughout the country to make car ownership a reality for consumers. For more information, call our Dealer Operations Group at 1-855-4EXETER (855-439-3837).