In a recent Dealer Information Hub blog article, we outlined three easy ways our dealer partners – like you – can stay top-of-mind with consumers. One of those is to create a long-lasting relationship with your customer. Well, what does that mean exactly?
While vehicles bring consumers through the doors of your dealership, the cars and trucks aren’t the only things keeping them coming back. Exceptional customer service, a seamless experience and added customer perks that create brand loyalty make a difference, too. Brand loyalty creates customer retention, and retention can turn into future business. So, it’s important to reward customers when they are loyal because their repeated presence is valuable.
For example, at Exeter, we have our Elite Program. We know that as dealers and their customers work together to find the right lender, they have many options to choose from. So, when our dealer partners choose to send applications our way – apps that turn into funded contracts -- it affects application prioritization and provides added benefits once they earn Elite status.
If you’re looking to start a customer loyalty program at your dealership, here are a few questions you can ask to get started.
- What do we offer when it comes to customer service, experience and added perks?
- Which of those added perks require the customer to be in-store? Think oil changes, maintenance benefits, tire rotation, car washes, etc.
- Are there perks we could offer to drive foot traffic that we don’t already?
- How can we encourage customers to continue using our dealership perks to create brand loyalty?
- What’s the best way to communicate this reward program with customers?
If you ever have questions, concerns or comments, chat with us directly through the DealerPortal or call our Dealer Operations Group at 1-855-4EXETER (855-439-3837).
Exeter Finance LLC is a non-prime auto finance company headquartered in Irving, Texas. The company partners with franchised and independent auto dealers throughout the country to make car ownership a reality for consumers. For more information, call our Dealer Operations Group at 1-855-4EXETER (855-439-3837).